Drum your own music videos on iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch.
20 reactive video filters respond to your MIDI drumming live as you play. Each kit piece (kick, snare, hats, cymbals, toms) controls a different aspect of the filter to generate unique effects to match what you play. Mix in a backing track from your iTunes library to jam to. Includes 7 sampled drum kits mapped to work with Roland’s TD-1 drum set, or use your own audio input.
Video filters include:
Instructions for Use
- Connect MIDI drum source (e.g. Roland TD-1 drum set, iOS MIDI apps, or DAW via network MIDI).
- Select backing track, drum kit sounds, adjust mixer settings for optimum audio sweetness.
- Press big red button to RECORD video.
- Make your most melted rock star faces and lay down sick beats to generate funky video effects.
- Press big red button to STOP and save to camera roll.
You can also connect other MIDI compatible iOS apps such as Patterning, or even a network MIDI session with your computer DAW e.g. Logic Pro X for detailed programming like selecting different filters with MIDI program change events. This way you can make a funner-than-usual video of your singing or instrumentals even if you don't play drums.
Note for TD-1 or other wired USB MIDI instruments you also need a USB to lighting connector such as the Apple Camera Connection Kit.