Become boss at bass with this interactive bass tutor that listens to you play your REAL bass and charts your progress through a full fretboard workout of exercises and quizzes.
- Sound check (check everything is plugged in and turned up!)
- Pitch graph (check you can see notes coming through!)
- Tune up with built in tuner and set how many frets you want to practice on (12-24)
- Note names quiz (fretboard diagram shows you where to play if you get stuck)
- Note names in octaves quiz
- Note names on every string quiz
- Left hand finger dexterity warmup
- Chromatic position shifting warmup
- String skipping picking warmup
- Pentatonic patterns (play a note to pick a key)
- Triad arpeggios (play a note to pick a key)
- One string major scale
- Three notes per string major scale
- Major scale quiz
- One string melodic minor scale
- Three notes per string melodic minor scale
- Melodic minor scale quiz
- One string harmonic minor scale
- Three notes per string harmonic minor scale
- Harmonic minor scale quiz
- Left hand finger dexterity challenge (hard version!)
- Left hand finger dexterity shifting challenge (hard version!)
- String skipping picking challenge (hard version!)
- Chromatic permutation challenge
- Left hand trills exercise
Play through and swipe to repeat or skip anything as desired. The touch interface is based only on taps and swipes and is so simple that you can navigate it with your big toe, leaving both hands free to play your bass!
Exercises are at your own tempo and rhythm, so take as long (or as short!) as you need to learn something. For more of a challenge, play along to a beat. Random variations are automatically generated to ensure thorough coverage and help break out of ruts.
Bass (sold separately ;-)
Bass Panda will work well with most 4 string bass guitars in standard tuning (EADG). Plug in an electric bass guitar with interfaces such as Focusrite iTrack Solo/Dock/Pocket/Studio, or IK Multimedia iRig/iRig 2/iRig PRO/iRig STOMP. Rocksmith RealTone cables also work well with Bass Panda when combined with a USB to lightning adaptor. Acoustic bass guitars are supported via the iPad's built in microphone.
Bass Panda does NOT require audio output or try to generate effects or beats, so with an ABY splitter pedal you can send a clean signal to the iPad and then send the other signal to your normal effects pedals/amp/mixer and use your own backing tracks. This guarantees no latency or undesireable noises creeping into your sound! Or you can run with your favorite amp simulator app in the background, e.g. Amplitube.